Greenwood Chiropractic Clinic often recommends massage therapy with your chiropractic care! In many cases and conditions, this combination of care uses both disciplines to work together to provide and keep the body in proper alignment, balance, and function. While chiropractic focuses on the bones and nerves, specifically how the spine impacts the nervous system and its role in all of our vital organ functions, massage therapy is the art and science of manipulating the soft tissue for the purpose of obtaining or maintaining health. Various modalities of massage have been used for centuries to rehabilitate, reduce stress and improve the quality of function in the body.
There are great benefits to receiving regular massage care, some of which include:
- Pain relief or reduced pain and stiffness
- Relaxation and reduced stress/ stress management
- Improved circulation and soothes muscular tension
- Strengthened immune system by stimulating lymph flow- the body’s natural defense system
- Improved flexibility and range of motion
- Decreased headaches
- Lessen anxiety and hypertension
- Improved sleep and elevated moods
- Increased body awareness
- Reduced inflammation and swelling, esp. in acute traumas
- Promotes tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks
- Reduced spasms and cramping
- Greater enjoyment of life!
Massage is also an effective complement to other forms of bodywork, such as Chiropractic. Addressing the muscular and fascial systems is an important part of the healing process, and can assist in creating change in the structures of the spine. Together, chiropractic and massage provide you with a more holistic and dynamic system of health care.